Dear Illowa Irregular Members and Friends;
Here is an update on our website and Facebook initiatives. Many thanks to Justice James Newton, Mountain Man Champ, Count Sandor, Wicker Nash for their work, advice, and guidance.
- Consider signing up to receive our website Blog posts by email (see details below);
- Encourage your cowboy shooting friends and families to visit www.illowairregulars.com and sign up to receive Blog posts via email;
- If you use Facebook follow the Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting Facebook Page, and share the Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting Page with your Cowboy Shooting friends and families;
- Pictures – we need of some good photos for our website, at least until we can take some updated ones this summer.
- If you have a photo or two of a shooter, a group of cowboys/girls posing for the camera, etc. that you are comfortable sharing, please send them to Popcorn Kelly. We are particularly interested in getting a few pics of women, youngsters, action, and group shots.
For the past few weeks a core group of people have been working to design and develop a more comprehensive, user-friendly Illowa Irregular Cowboy Action Shooting website to promote our club and its activities. The website’s address is www.illowairregulars.com.
There are essentially two components to the website:
- Our static pages, which are generally represented by our menus at the top, including About Us, Match Schedules, Fall Roundup Information, Registration Forms, etc.
- Our home page, which is our “Blog” – a place where we will post current news, comments, and announcements.
We officially announced the new website Monday, January 13th. It seems to have been well received. As of Sunday evening, we have
- 238 Followers; and,
- 82 people signed up to receive Blog posts via email.
Here are some other website statistics, all of since our launch one week ago:
Website Usage Statistics
- Between January 13th and the 31st, 289 visits have generated 1,502 different page views;
- Our home page has been viewed 677 times, the Scores page 66 time, the Fall Roundup page 58 times, Registration Forms page 42 times, and our Match Calendar page 28 times, plus others;
- 1,490 views have been from within the US, 4 from Mexico, and 2 from Vietnam and South Korea, and 1 each from Austria, Finland, Canada, and Singapore;
- The video of Rootin Tootin, Badlands Charlie, and Wicker Nash recorded at Gunsmoke 2019 has been viewed 28 times, and the 2009 video of our 2009 St. Jude’s match broadcast by Hook and Hunt has been viewed 18 times.
- Visitors have downloaded 84 files, including 18 downloads of the 2019 Fall Roundup Overall scores; 12 downloads of the 2019 Fall Roundup Category Scores, and 8 downloads of the Iron Cowboy Results, and 6 downloads of the Fall Roundup registration form.
- In just two weeks, our our Facebook page has resulted in 177 web page views.
Blog Post Enrollment
As mentioned above, 82 people have signed up to receive Blog posts by email. If you have not done so already, please consider signing up to receive Blog posts by email. This is a convenient way of being automatically notified of important club announcements and events. To sign up, go to www.illowairregulars.com and complete the Follow Blog via Email form in the lower right corner.
Also, please share this website with your cowboy shooting friends and families, whether they’re local, regional, or farther away. All are welcome.
We created the Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting Facebook page about two weeks ago and already has over 250 followers. If you are active on Facebook, please share the Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting Page with your Cowboy Shooting friends and families. Most Illowa Irregualr Blog posts will be cross-posted to our Facebook page.