Hope you all wintered well. It’s time to start thinking about our new shooting season. Below are upcoming dates in March and early April to kick off the new season…….
- March 21st……….Cowboy indoor match and swap meet starting at 8:00 am. Tables are available on a first come first serve basis. The balance of John Millers equipment. reloading supplies, tools and misc. cleaning will be available as well. Come find that thing you can’t live without or have needed for years.
- Friday April 2nd will be our first Cowboy practice starting at 10:00 am, weather permitting
- Saturday April 3rd will be Cowboy range cleanup day in the town………
Our INDOOR SHOOT is Sunday the 21st of March. It will be held on the 26-yard indoor range at the Milan Rifle Club. The entire shooting sequence calls for a total of 60 rounds per time shot (35 pistol and 25 rifle) – no shotgun. You can shoot through as many times as you want or as many times as time permits (we will start shooting at 10:00 am and usually go until about 3:00 pm if there are still shooters wanting to shoot). This year we are introducing a .22 division as a way to get new shooters interested in the sport without having to reload. The cost is $5 for the first time through and $3 for any reshoots. This is a good opportunity to dust off the guns after a long winter.
This get-together is also a SWAP MEET – no reservations required for a table but you should be there by no later than 8:00 am if you want to grab a table because they go quick. Feel free to bring out all those cowboy items (and other stuff too) that you have sitting around that you never use anymore. It just might be something someone else just can’t live without. This year we will have some of Preemption Judge’s shooting and reloading accessories.
We will also be having a POTLUCK that day so, if you are so inclined, bring out your favorite dish to share with everyone. There is electricity for plugging in crock pots and there is a microwave that can be used to heat things up. If you can’t bring a dish but would like to eat, there will be a bucket for donations (all of which will go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital). But please bring something if you can as we need to have enough food to feed everybody. We will have plates, silverware, and napkins. Coffee will be provided. Smilin D is the POTLUCK coordinator. Contact her at (309) 236-8944 or email@example.com to let her know what you are bringing or if you have questions”
FYI……..We are also thinking about offering, on a month by month basis, 3 additional classes and reduced stages to help people participate that are faced with limited ammo for the season. These will only be available as long as there are shortages and only at the club level shoots, excluding Fall Roundup.
- A 22cal. open class using pistols and rifle, and normal shotgun
- A Club Detective class with single pistol and 5 round rifle, and normal shotgun
- John Wayne class with 1 pistol 5 rifle no shotgun
- Main match 5 Stages instead of 6
- Wednesday and Friday practices will have flex stages per shooter. “shoot as many as 5 or as few as you wish” to manage your ammo.
Hope to see you all soon………..RT