The Illinois State Championship is nearly here. We’ve 158 registrants with 22 people camping. The range is looking good. If you’ve not been up there lately, you’ll see just how much work has been done to it.
It’s time to make a push to get the final things in order, and we need your help. At this point, it’s much like setting up a normal monthly match, just w/ a few more bays. Here is the work schedule:
- Wednesday, July 13: 9:00 a.m.: String trimming, general cleanup
- We need an extra string trimmer or two
- Thursday, July 14: 9:00 a.m.: Normal pre-match setup, target staking, wash station, tables/chairs set up, picnic tables moved and placed, etc.
- This will be very similar to a regular pre-match setup with the addition of setting up a few Side Match targets in Bays 4, 5, 7, and 9. We’re doing nothing in the Benchrest area for the state match.
- We will also need some able-bodied support to move the picnic tables from the walled ranges up into Camden Mills for seating. These are pretty heavy tables. We plan to move them using a trailer. We can’t move them until Noon Thursday.
As always, we appreciate all the help we can get.