The SASS 2023 Illinois State Championship
August 18-20, 2023
Mayhem On The Mississippi
NOTE: We are now offering two ways to register – our traditional printed/mailed paper form AND our new online form.
- The traditional PAPER-BASED REGISTRATION FORM is available for download by clicking here. Just complete the forms and mail the forms to the listed address; or
- To use our new Online Registration and pay directly using a credit card or PayPal, simply complete OUR NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM. You can also find the link to the online form on our website’s Registration page. Online registrations receive immediate confirmation.
HOST HOTEL: We’ve selected the Holiday Inn Express as our official host hotel. Room rates begin at $129/night. We’ve reserved a block of rooms until 30 days prior to the match. Reservations can be made by either clicking here or calling (309) 517-6400 and ask to book in the Illinois State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship block.
The Illowa Irregulars and the Milan Rifle Club are proud to host the SASS 2023 Illinois State Championship.
- Friday: Side & 3-stage Warm-Up matches;
- Saturday: 6 Main Match Stages;
- Sunday: 4 Main Match Stages followed immediately by an Awards Luncheon at the air-conditioned Milan Community Center.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES: We are also excited to announce two (optional) Special Activities during the SASS 2023 Illinois State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship:
- A Saturday evening Mississippi Riverboat Dinner Cruise aboard the Celebration Belle;
- This will be a truly unique event in the annals of Cowboy Action Shooting – Cowboy attire encouraged; see the information packet for reservation information;
- A Costume Contest (with roaming judges) for Best Dressed Woman and Man, and Junior Boy and Girl.
CAMPING: We are offering on-site dry camping, but there are also several full-service camping options in the area. See our Registration Form for more information or click here.
OUR FACILITIES: Our cowboy town, Camden Mills, has 10 bays all with covered loading and unloading tables, and every bay has a carport to protect those waiting and watching from the sun and rain. Six of the bays have cowboy building facades. Also, the entire range is well-shaded, contained in a reasonably small area (short walks between stages), and the central pathway through the competition range is 100% paved.
If you’re unfamiliar with our facility we’ve several videos which will give you an idea of what we have to offer. To get you started here are some links to a few videos:
- Click here to see a short video titled Enjoy the Zen. It’s a quiet walk through our range at 6:00 a.m. opening day of the 2022 Illinois State Championship. You’ll see that, in addition to several covered building facades, our facilities include covered loading and unloading tables and covered waiting areas at each of our 10, individually-bermed shooting bays, as well as a paved central pathway throughout our facility for easy passage between stages.
- Click here to see Part 1 of a two-part video of the 2022 Illinois State Championship. Click here to view Part 2 which includes photographs of the event, including several photographs taken aboard the Riverboat while cruising the Mississippi.
- Click here to go to a list of all our videos which are located in the menu along the right side of the page.
180-shooter limit. We are placing a 180-shooter limit on attendance. While we didn’t quite hit it last year, who knows about this year. To guarantee yourself a spot, you may want to register sooner rather than later. Also, feel free to forward this to others you think might (or should) be interested in attending the SASS 2023 Illinois State Championship. It’s never too early to register to ensure you’re one of the fortunate 180.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Interested in supporting the SASS 2023 Illinois State Championship by becoming a Sponsor? Whether you’re a business, another Cowboy Action Shooting Club, or a personal benefactor, your support is important to helping us keep Cowboy Action Shooting alive and well in Illinois and the upper Midwest. We’ve several support options to meet virtually any budget. If you or someone you know is interested in sponsoring this event, see the attached Sponsorship packet or click here to download it.