Here is a brief list of Illowa Irregulars’ upcoming activities for the remainder of April through May. Click here to view our entire Calendar.
- Tuesday, April 25; 5:30 p.m.; Tuesday evening practice
- Friday, April 28; 10:00 a.m.; Friday practice
- Friday May 5; 10:00 a.m.; Friday practice
- Tuesday, May 9; 5:30 p.m.; Tuesday evening practice
- Friday, May 12; 10:00 a.m.; Friday practice
- SATURDAY MAY 13; 1:00 P.M. NEW SHOOTER INTRODUCTORY CLINIC
- Friday May 19; 10:00 a.m.; Friday practice
- SUNDAY, MAY 21; 8:00 a.m. REGISTRATION; MAY MONTHLY MATCH **
- Tuesday May 23; 5:30 p.m.; Tuesday evening practice
- Friday, May 26; 10:00 a.m.; Friday Practice (Subject to cancellation – this is also the first day of the Iowa State Championship; Check our website for more information as we get closer.)
** It is looking like we will formally introduce our Club Record Stage at our May 21st match. The implications are huge. The cowboys and cowgirls who have the fastest time in their respective category on May 21st will establish the initial Club Record, with their names going down in the Club history book. It could be you! I’ll paraphrase an old lottery ad that we used to hear a lot – You Can’t Set The Record If You Don’t Shoot!
This will also be an opportunity to shoot the Record Stage prior to the Illinois State Championship, where the stage will be shot to establish the Illinois State Records. For all non-Illinoisans (like me), we’ll use this stage to set new and update old Club Records in August as well, which means us non-Illinois shooters can still set and hold a record in August.
Right now, I don’t know if we’ll shoot the Club Record Stage again before August. We haven’t received the June or July stages from the Match Directors. If you want to be guaranteed to shoot the Club Record Stage at least once, you should try to shoot at our May match.
This is a reminder to all Illinois shooters, regardless of where you live – near or far: For those of you who can’t make it over here, we encourage you and your club to set up the State Record Stage at club and practice it wherever you are. Click here to download the State Record Stage description.
MATCH FEES: For those of you who’ve shot here for the last 20 years, you know we’ve charged just $10 to shoot at our monthly matches over most if not all these years. We’ve made the difficult decision to increase the monthly fee slightly from $10 to just $15 beginning in May. We hope you understand.